May 3, 2010

Her Name is Geo



Well...shit. My dear '93 Geo Prizm broke down yesterday in the Taco Bell drive-thru and now it don't work. I'm heart-broken. I've had this car since I was 17. My neighbor gave it to me for free, and somehow I've driven it for four years! My dad has hopes that we can fix it, and I certainly hope we can, because I must tell you: walking two miles to work sucks.



If you're fond of 93 Prizms like me, I highly recommend this book: King Dork. It's about a dork (duh) struggling through high school, making up fake bands with his friend (i.e. Balls Deep), chasing semi-hot girls, complaining about the "Catcher Cult," and making fun of his '93 Geo Prizm-loving principal. My sister recommended it to me and I really liked it.

I like when high school is portrayed accurately, i.e. My Life as Liz and not The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

Though it must be said that Secret Life is HIGHLY entertaining, especially if you're someone who thinks Seventh Heaven is comedic gold.

No comments: